Privacy and Cookies Policy
The administrator of the site and your personal data is London Wall Publishing sp. z o. o., ul. Hrubieszowska 2, 01–209 Warsaw, Poland, NIP: 527–273–32–74.
Who you can contact regarding the processing of your personal data?
As part of the implementation of personal data protection in our organization, we have decided not to appoint a personal data protection officer due to the fact that in our situation, this is not mandatory. In matters related to the protection of personal data and the broadly termed privacy, you can contact us at the email address: email@example.com.
What information do we have about you?
Depending on the purpose, we may process the following information about you:
- IP address.
Where do we get your personal data from?
Some information about you may be automatically collected by Google Analytics – a range of information about how you use our site.
Is your data secure?
We care about the security of your personal data. We analyzed the risks associated with the various aspects of processing your data, and then implemented appropriate security and protection measures for that data. We monitor the state of our technical infrastructure on an ongoing basis, train our staff, examine the procedures used, and introduce any necessary improvements. If you have any questions about your personal data, we are at your disposal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
Here is a list of goals. Providing data is in all cases voluntary, but necessary to achieve each of these purposes.
- analysis, statistics and optimization – article 6, clause 1, letter f of the GDPR.
Who are the recipients of your personal data?
We use services provided by third parties. Some of these services involve the processing of your personal data. The external service providers who participate in the processing of your personal data are as follows:
- the hosting provider that stores data on its server,
- the cloud computing service provider where backups that may contain your personal data are stored,
- an entity providing technical maintenance services that obtains access to data if the technical work concerns areas where personal data is located,
- other subcontractors who gain access to data if the scope of their activities requires such access.
We use tools that collect a wide range of information about you related to the use of our site. This is in particular the following information:
- information about the operating system and web browser you are using,
- Website subpages visited,
- time spent on a page,
- transitions between individual subpages,
- the clicking on particular links,
- the source from which you arrive at our website,
- the age range you fall within,
- your gender,
- your approximate location, limited to which city,
- your interests, determined on the basis of your online activity.
In our opinion, this information is not personal data by nature. Since this information is collected by the external tools that we use, this information is also processed by the providers of these tools under the terms of their terms and conditions and privacy policies. Basically, this information is used to provide and improve services, manage them, develop new services, measure the effectiveness of adverts, protect against fraud and abuse, as well as personalize the content and adverts displayed on particular services, sites and applications.
Do we forward your data to other countries or international organizations?
We transfer your personal data to other countries in connection with our use of tools that store personal data on servers located abroad, in particular the USA. The suppliers of these tools guarantee an adequate level of personal data protection through appropriate compliance mechanisms as provided for by the of the GDPR, in particular by joining the Privacy Shield program or using standard contractual clauses.
Personal data is stored on servers located in other countries as part of the following tool:
- Google as part of the G-Suite package, whose provider is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland – involving all data processed as part of Google services, including that data contained in files synchronized with Google Drive. Google: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI,
Do we use profiling? Do we take automated decisions based on your personal data?
We do not take decisions concerning you based on automated processing, including profiling, that would either legally or similarly significantly affect you
It’s true we use tools that can take specific actions depending on the information collected by tracking mechanisms, but we believe that these actions do not have a significant impact on you, because they do not differentiate your situation as a customer, and do not affect the terms of any legal agreement that you may conclude with us, etc.
We emphasize that as regards the tools we use, we do not have access to information that would enable your identification. This information is stored on the servers of those suppliers of particular tools, and most often these servers will be located all over the world.
What rights do you have regarding the processing of your personal data?
The GDPR grants you the following potential rights with regard to the processing of your personal data:
- the right to access your data and obtain a copy of the same,
- the right to rectify (correct) your data,
- the right to delete data,
- the right to limit data processing,
- the right to object to the processing of your data,
- the right to forward your data,
- the right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data, if you have previously given such consent,
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The rules relating to execution of the above-mentioned rights are described in detail in articles 16 – 21 of the GDPR. We encourage you to read these regulations. For our part, we consider it necessary to explain to you that the above-mentioned rights are not absolute and will not apply to all actions involved in the processing of your personal data.
We emphasize that you always have at least one of the rights indicated above – if you believe that during the processing of your personal data we have violated the provisions concerning the protection of personal data, you have the possibility of lodging a complaint with the supervisory authority (namely the Chairman of the Office for Personal Data Protection).
You can also always request us to provide you with information about what data we have about you and for what purposes we process it. All you have to do is send an e-mail message to email@example.com.
Cookies are small text messages that are automatically stored on your end device (e.g. computer, tablet, smart phone) and can be read by our ICT (Information and communications technology) system (own cookies) or the ICT systems of third parties (third party cookies). Specific information can be saved and stored in cookies, which can then be accessed by ICT systems for specific purposes.
Some of the cookies we use are deleted following the conclusion of a web browser session, i.e. after closing it (so-called session cookies). Other cookies are stored on your end device and allow us to recognize your browser the next time you visit the site (persistent cookies).
In terms of your consent to cookies, we accept a variant according to which you express such consent by the settings on your web browser or additional software handling the management of cookies. We assume that you agree to all cookies we use that are not blocked by your browser or any additional software that you use.
Can you disable cookies?
Yes, you can manage cookie settings in your web browser. You can block all or selected cookies. You can also block the cookies of specific websites. You can also at any time delete previously saved cookies and other website and plug-in data.
Web browsers also offer the option of using an incognito mode. You can use this mode if you do not want information about websites visited and files you have downloaded to be saved in your browsing and download history. Cookies created in this incognito mode are deleted when all windows of this mode are closed.
For what purposes do we use our own cookies?
Our own cookies are used to ensure the proper functioning of various site mechanisms.
Our own cookies also store information about the cookie settings you have defined at the cookie management mechanism level.
What third-party cookies are used?
The following third-party cookies function on our site:
- Google Analytics, Tag Manager, AdWords, AdSense (Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) – details: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
Do we track your behaviour as you operate on our site?
Yes, we use the tools Google Analytics and Google AdWords, which are involved in collecting information about your activities on our site.
Do we send you targeted adverts?
Yes, we use Google Ads, in which we can direct adverts to specific target groups defined on the basis of various criteria such as age, gender, interests, profession, work, and your previous activities on our site.
How can you manage your privacy?
Here is a list of options for managing your privacy.
- cookie settings within your web browser,
- browser plug-ins supporting cookie files management, e.g. Ghostery,
- additional cookie management software,
- the incognito mode in your web browser,
- behavioural advertising settings, e.g. youronlinechoices.com,
- Google Analytics Opt-out: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout,
- Google Ads Settings: https://adssettings.google.com/
What are server logs?
Using the site involves sending queries to the server on which the site functions. Each query directed to the server is saved in the server’s logs.
These logs include, among other things your IP address, date and server time, along with information about your web browser and the operating system you use. These logs are saved and stored on the server.
The data saved in server logs is not associated with specific persons using the website and are not used by us in order to identify you.
Server logs constitute merely auxiliary material used to administer the site, and their content is not disclosed to anyone other than those individuals authorized to administer the server.
Is there anything else you should know about?
If anything is unclear to you, if you want to learn more or just talk about your privacy, write to us at:firstname.lastname@example.org